Modification to Court Orders

Anoka County Divorce Lawyer Helps You Change Your Court Order

The divorce process is not an easy one. There are many aspects that must be established before a marriage can be officially terminated, and most of these aspects become issues among the couple attempting to make decisions about their post-divorce lives. The court ordered provisions of a divorce are reflective of the current needs of a divorcing couple and any children that may be involved. They are designed to meet the specific needs of each spouse and their children at the time the divorce takes place, as there is no true way of knowing what the future will bring and what types of amendments may be needed later. That being said, it is not uncommon for the terms and conditions of a divorce order to be become outdated and require modification. When this is the case, an Anoka County divorce attorney can be contacted for help.

Modifying Spousal & Child Support Agreements

After a child support or spousal support agreement has been established, it may be months or years before its stipulations are longer relevant to the current needs of a parent, child, or ex-spouse. Once this happens, the monthly amount paid out may need to be increased or decreased. Any number of circumstances could result in the need for modification to a support agreement. A change in income such as a job promotion and raise could result in a parent or spouse no longer requiring financial assistance. On the other hand, a job loss could disable the provider from being able to continue funding their ex-spouse. Circumstantial changes for a child may also require modification to a support agreement. For example, a situation in which a child requires significant medical attention or has costly school expenses may call for an amendment to the court ordered support amount paid to the parent and child in need.

Contact our Law Firm in Anoka County

Life after divorce will be an adjustment, and this is true whether or not children are involved. The transition period will look different for everyone; some will take only weeks or months, while others may take years to fully adapt to the new lifestyle of living separately from their former spouse. Once the dust settles and normalcy is obtained, it will be time to review the terms and conditions of your divorce agreement. The allowances provisioned in a spousal support or child support agreement may need to be increased or decreased, and we are here to help you make that determination. With an associate from Brevik Law working for you, you can rest assured that your financial needs will be looked after by a professional with more than a decade of experience in the field. We are here to make sure that you and your child are provided with support you need; furthermore, we are here to make sure that you are not ordered to pay more in support fees than you are capable of comfortably providing. Contact our firm today to find out what our Anoka County divorce lawyer can do for you.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Internet Marketing Experts